Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ten Lies and Ten Broken Promoses

I lied to myself when I said, "one more beer and I'm going to bed."

I lied to my wife when I said, "I don't have a drinking problem."

I lied to my kids when I said, "we. can't go to the beach this weekend because we don't have any money."

I lied to my boss when I said, " I haven't been drinking."

I lied to my landlord when I said, "I don't have the rent money because they cut my hours at work."

I lied to my wife when I said, " I don't want to rub your back because I don't like the way your skin feels."

I lied to my dad when I said, "can I borrow money to check into rehab."

I lied to myself when I said, "I want to quit drinking," last year.

I lied to my wife when I said, "I'd rather spend time with the kids than drink."

I lied to my wife when she woke up and I said, "I haven't been drinking."

I promised my wife that I would quit drinking last year.

I promised myself I would get new glasses two years ago.

I promised my son I would take him fishing tomorrow if he let me drink tonight.

I promised my daughter that we would move to Texas last year.

I promised my oldest daughter that I would send her something for her birthday.

I promised my wife that I wouldn't buy any alcohol when I went to the store.

I promised my friend I would pay to fix his dryer when I passed out on it.

I promised my dad I would pay him back the money I borrowed to pay my rent after I drank the rent money away.

I promised my wife I would paint the kitchen instead of drinking all day.

I promised someone that I would not bug them anymore about their relationship with their best friend.

1 comment:

  1. I love the honesty in which you speak! You are owning what drinking cost you! Keep keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete