Thursday, December 22, 2011

Goodbye Letter To Alcohol

Hey Alcohol,

Remember me? Its been awhile and by now you may have figured out that we are through, but I wanted to write this letter and make it final. I know we've been in a close and entangled relationship for the better part of my life, but I no longer need you to kiss my lips and hide away my emotions. I can go on without you. You were the worst mistress ever and at times I thought we were having a good time, but you always reminded me who was in charge. It was you. You cost me the love and the trust of my wife, my family, and my friends. I don't know why I told my wife I could live without you last year while I spent our entire time apart scheming ways to get you back into my life. Remember last Christmas at brunch? Oh how you had me fooled thinking I had control that day, but in the months that followed you proved time and time again that you had control over me. You held me in your embrace and nearly cut the life out from me and for that I must bid you farewell you cold, heartless, bitch. I have found that I can live without you and I am a better person without our poisonous affair.

Sincerely,
Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment