Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Masks I Wear

Today in recovery we had a two and a half hours of grief group in which we had to create a mask the we tend to wear. Here is my project.

My mask of social acceptance. I often wear this mask. on the outside I appear to be okay but in reality I just trying to hide under the radar so people can't see what is underneath.

The second mask I made is my mask of addiction. I am angry and confused because I don't know how I got this far into my alcoholism. I am screaming because of the things I did to feed my need for alcohol.

The final mask is the mask of emptiness. I feel so empty because for the longest time I have not been the man I was created to be.

2 comments:

  1. The top one should have had a mustache. It was part of your guise. These are really good.

    ReplyDelete